Overnight soak 1/2 cup mustard seeds 1/2 cup dry white wine, 1/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar. Stay tuned for additional info added to this post tomorrow.
Update: Next morning mix all of the following in a food processor.
Seed mixture from yesterday, 4 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, a pinch of salt and some ground pepper. Blend until fully processed.
Place finished product in a hot and sterile jar. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
This mustard is quite spicy and I believe more original than the yellow stuff we buy at the store. I’ll keep looking through my old cookbooks and see what else I can find for us to recreate.
What does a spice jar, electric tea lite and some string have in common?
Spice jar, battery tea lite and some string.
For more information on tents visit Comparaboo.com
A few years ago I was using a liquid laundry detergent that I made. I thought about doing this again but now I have a new HE front loading washer. A little research later here’s what I’m testing right now: 1 cup each: borax, washing soda, oxy booster, Purex crystals and one bar Felsnaptha. More to come after a few loads of laundry.
My homemade tiny Terrarium!
I’ve been a little busy this weekend and thought I’d try something new. Over the years I’ve made jelly and jam for canning but standing over a pot worrying about it burning or trying to remember when the boil started took away the fun. The past week I saw a couple of video’s showing how easy it is to make jelly with an automatic jelly maker. So I did a little research and picked up my own Jelly Maker Needless to say I’ve been on a jelly roll since it arrive on Saturday! My first test was an easy blackberry jam (recipe book included). I picked up some berries, sugar and pectin on my grocery trip. My first batch (4 – 8 oz jelly jars) was done in about 45 minutes. The jelly maker made it so easy that I wanted to do more! Since that first batch I’ve made some Irish Breakfast Apple jelly and some scuppernong jelly. I called one of our local wineries and they had extra scuppernong juice left over from pressing a few days earlier. The scuppernong jelly was a test since I did not have a recipe. Instead I used the apple recipe from the guide and used scuppernong juice instead. The first batch turned out awesome! The second batch did not set so I will reprocess it later today. I was going good until I ran out of pectin and used a different brand. Lesson learned…if a recipe calls for a specific pectin don’t swap it for a different brand. Well swap if you’d like, but you’ll be doing twice as much work when re-batching time comes around. Take a peek at all the jelly!
It’s jelly and jam making time at my house! Guess what some family members will get for Christmas!